[Translation] Chapter 3(5) Sealed with a Kiss Novel

Many thanks to our wonderful translation savior Woan Ting!


Translation by Woan Ting

千山暮雪 第二部分 千山暮雪 第三章(5

在梦里他背着我一直走,一直走,我搂着他的脖子,问他:你要把我背到什么地方去?

In my dream, he piggybacked me and kept on walking along the trails. I asked him while wrapping my arms around his neck “Where do you want to carry me to?”

他说:到我的心里去。

He said “Into my heart.”

梦醒来的时候我十分惆怅,如果真有过这么一回,该多好。

I feel extremely despondent after I woke up from this dream. How great would it be if it was real?

我们进了人声嘈杂的急诊部,我听到悦莹带着哭腔叫医生,然后我被放下来,放到椅子上,医生来了,护士也来了。医生让我仰着头,有清凉的棉团,带着消毒药水的气息,轻轻拂拭过我的眼皮,一阵痛楚让我全身都发抖。

Shortly after, we arrive at the emergency room filled with noisy chattering. After Yue Ying called for the doctor with her tearful voice, I was placed to sit down on a chair to be attended by a doctor and nurse. I was told to look up and I felt a cool cotton ball that carries a medicated scent wiping my eyelid, the sudden pang of pain caused me to tremble.
医生问我:能睁开眼睛吗?

The doctor then asked me “Are you able to open up your eyes?”

我努力试了一下,视线还是模模糊糊的,左眼更是不敢用力。医生刷刷地写着字,说:你们是本校的学生吧?带医保卡没有?先去帮她挂号交钱,上楼去做检查,看看有没有伤到眼球。

I try to open my eyes but my vision is still blurry, maybe because I dare not try too hard on my left eye. While writing some prescription, the doctor asked “Are you all students of this school? Did you bring the school medical insurance card? Someone needs to help her to register and pay. After that, bring her upstairs to do a check-up on her pupil.”

我努力睁大右眼,想要看清什么,可终归是徒劳,只要眼珠子稍稍一转,我的两只眼睛就同时流眼泪。悦莹是真的要哭了:我们没带卡……”

I tried to open my right eye wide to see clearly but it was all in vain as both my eyes started tearing when I look at another direction. Yue Ying started choking in tears “We did not bring the card…”

我去交钱。应该是背我来的那男生,字正腔圆的普通话,说话的声音还有点微喘,大概是因为刚才跑得太快:你在这儿陪她。

“Let me do the paying,” said by a male voice, which I guess is the guy that piggybacks me here. He speaks fluently in Mandarin though he is still panting for air while talking, probably because he walks too fast over here. He then continued “You accompany her.”

医生用消毒纱布暂时盖住了我的伤眼,我跟瞎子似的被悦莹搀着上楼。很快检查结果出来了,外伤性角膜穿孔,然后医生建议紧急手术。悦莹哇一声就哭了,我也很害怕,所有不好的念头一下子全涌进脑子里,只怕进手术室出来我就是瞎子了,幸好还有背我来的那个男生,他并没有劝悦莹,也没有劝我,而是握了握我的手:我们在外边等你!

After the doctor temporarily covered my eye with sterile gauze, I was helped up the stairs to the check-up department like a blind man by Yue Ying. The check-up report came out rather quickly, there was a perforation of the cornea and the doctor recommended an operation immediately. Yue Ying began crying immediately and I start to become scared too. All the bad thoughts start to rush into my mind, what if I become blind after coming out of the operation theater. Luckily the guy that brought me here tried to calm us down. Although he did not comfort me nor Yue Ying, he hold my hand and said “We will be waiting for you outside the theatre!” 

他的十指微凉,握着我的手的时候很用力,就像萧山每次握的时候那样,他总是攥得我都微微发疼。其实我心里害怕极了,连手腕子都在哆嗦,我握着他的手,可一句话也说不出来。护士就来催我了,我左眼根本就不敢睁,右眼也只能模模糊糊看到一点儿朦胧的影子。我努力地看了一眼悦莹,她靠在墙那儿哭呢,还有那个男生。我想如果我要是瞎了,这可是我看到这个世界的最后一眼了。

His fingers were cool and he holds my hand stronger than he should which reminded me of how Xiao Shan hold my hand, he will always clutch it with so much strength that my hands will feel a little ache. 

I’m still scared despite his assurance, even my hands were still trembling after holding his, and so I didn’t say anything. I heard the nurse urging me to go in the theater but I can’t see her because I can’t open my left eye and my right eye can only see a blurry shadow. I tried with all my efforts to look for Yue Ying, she was leaning against the wall and beside the guy. I think to myself, if I were to become blind, this is the last time for me to see this world.

手术没我想的那样漫长,也没我想的那样恐怖,最后整个左眼被包扎起来,我当时就想,这不成独眼龙了?悦莹后来也说,我从手术室出来后乍一看,真像海盗船长。

The operation was not as long as I thought it would be, neither was it as intimidating as I thought. My left eye was bandaged up and I thought I look just like one eye dragon. Even Yue Ying said that I look like a pirate captain when she first saw me after coming out the operating theater.

她跟我说这话的时候,我已经在住院部住了三天,这天早晨查过房后终于替我摘了纱布。医生说再观察两天没有感染的话,就可以出院了。至于视力会不会受影响,还要看后期的恢复。不过幸运的是角膜伤到的位置比较偏,伤口也很小,目前看来还是很乐观。

When she brought up this topic, I have already been hospitalized for three days. The bandaged was finally removed this morning and the doctor informs us that I can be discharge if there is no infection for the next two days. As for whether my vision will be affected, the doctor said that he will have to follow up at the later stage of recovery. Fortunately, the doctor added on that the injured part of the cornea is slanted and small so it is very positive currently.

我快郁闷死了,因为我最怕进医院,何况还是住在医院里。而且每天早上还得挂几瓶点滴,怕感染。摘了纱布后我左眼也好一阵子不敢睁,总觉得看东西模糊一片。

I was nearly bored to death living in this hospital because I’m really afraid of going hospital, not to mention being hospitalized. Moreover, I have to be dripped every morning to avoid infection. After the bandaged was I removed, I dare not open my left eye as I feel that my vision will still be unclear even if I open.

悦莹天天都来陪我,一连逃了三天的课了,我十分感激她。我知道她不是因为慕振飞,那天背我来医院的竟然是慕振飞。怪不得后来说要手术,悦莹都吓哭了,他还能那么镇定,小白脸果然有过人之处,不愧是见过大场面的人。

Yue Ying accompanies me every day by skipping three days of classes consecutively. Her actions make me extremely grateful to have her as a friend as I know she did not do this for Mu Zheng Fei, the guy that piggyback me to hospital. No wonder when the doctor mentioned about going under knife, Yue Ying starts to cry in fear while he be so calm. This handsome chap is really unique as he probably has been put into such situation.

慕振飞也天天来看我,悦莹说我这次要走桃花运了。我说:都成海盗船长了,还有什么桃花运?人家那是见义勇为,不是英雄救美!

Mu Zheng Fei visited me every day too, Yue Ying then commented that I’m in luck with the opposite sex this time. I replied “How can a pirate captain be in any luck with the opposite sex? He is just being gentleman, not saving a damsel in distress!”

Popular Posts

Understanding the final episode of Sealed with a Kiss

Character Guide to Nirvana in Fire 2: Wind Blows in Changlin

✿ Chinese Drama ✿ Sealed with a Kiss Miniseries Sequel

Ru Yi: The drama that brought Hawick Lau and Yang Mi together

Movie Rant: A Frozen Flower explores homosexuality versus heterosexuality themes